I have been teaching Pen & Ink at the University of Florida to my Intro to Scientific Illustration Class. The feedback I usually receive before I teach Pen & Ink Techniques is the following:
- Difficult medium to work in.
- Mistakes are not correctable.
- Not sure if I will ever use it again.
- Don’t like black and white art.
After taking this section the students find out:
- Pen & Ink can be learned with practise
- Mistakes are NOT the end of the world. They can be fixed!
- Multiple applications for Pen & Ink that they never thought of!
- It doesn’t have to be just black & white. Color can be added!
Here is a series of videos that I did showing how to ink an Artichoke using Pen & Ink with line. The videos go from the beginning drawing and goes to the end of the finished rendering.
If you enjoyed these videos please leave feedback and don’t forget to subscribe to my email list.